Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Song of the Time

I was talking to a good friend last night, and venting my frustrations about the situation I am currently in. I was telling him how I had this song going through my head, and he told me I should write it out and underline the lines that meant the most to me. Well, the whole song speaks to me, so I decided to take it one step further. This is what I came up with. I hope it's as encouraging to you as it is to me. *
WALK BY FAITH
~Jeremy Camp
*
Would I believe You when You say
Your hand will guide my every way
*
"The Lord says, "I will make you wise and show you where to go. I will guide you and watch over you." ~Pslam 32:8
*
Will I receive the words you say
Every moment of every day
*
"Lord, you are my share in life; I have promised to obey your words." ~Psalm 119:57
*
Chorus:
Well I will walk by faith
Even when I cannot see
*
"Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it." ~Hebrews 11:1
*
Well because this broken road
Prepares Your will for me
*
"'This is what will happen to you; this is your part in my plans,' says the Lord." ~Jeremiah 13:25
*
Help me to win my endless fears
You've been so faithful for all my years
*
"All the days planned for me were written in your book before I was one day old." ~Psalm 139:16
*
With one breath You make me new
Your grace covers all I do
*
"So we do not give up. Our physical body is becoming older and weaker, but our spirit inside us is made new every day." ~2 Corinthains 4:16
*
Chorus
*
Well I'm broken - but I still see Your face
*
"That person will pray to God, and God will listen to him. He will see God's face and will shout with happiness. And God will set things right for him again." ~Job 33:26
*
Well You've spoken - pouring Your words of grace
*
"'My grace is enough for you. When you are weak, my power is made perfect in you.'"
~2 Corinthians 12:9
*
Chorus
*
*
"Then I will lead the blind along a way they never knew; I will guide them along paths they have not known. I will make the darkness become light for them, and the rough ground smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not leave my people." ~ Isaiah 42:16