Thursday, July 10, 2008

Looking Up? Need Some Advice...

So the school down here called. They filled the position with someone else. I wish it hadn't taken them so long to tell me, but what can I do? So now I'm caught in somewhat of a pickle. So here are my two options as they stand now. Tell me what you think.

Option 1: There is a school in New Hampshire that is really interested in hiring me for a sixth grade position.

Pros:
1. I'm back in New England, which is where I ultimately want to be. I'm half an hour from one good friend, two hours from Bridgton and my old school, the same distance from Presque Isle, Maine and Saint John, New Brunswick as I was when I lived in Bridgton, and two hours closer to my dad in Ohio and my family in Virginia.

2. The college there in New Hampshire offers a Post-Baccalureate Teacher Certification program, so I can take courses to get my state certification while still teaching and getting credit for that, fulfilling one of my main goals.

3. I'd be making about the same as what I had requested from my last school, but didn't get.

Cons:
1. I'm still in Florida. I would have to leave Florida in a month. I still don't have a job. I can't get a job just for a month and earn money to even remotely have enough to get back up there and get started again.

2. Cost of living. Just outside of Boston is pretty expensive. Not quite sure if what I would be making would be enough to support myself.

3. Leaving my family and friends down here again.


Options 2: Forget New Hampshire and just stay in Florida where I am.

Pros:
1. I have a place to live.

2. My friends and family are nearby.

3. I can get a job now and not have to worry about getting a lot of money right away.

Cons:
1. I wouldn't be nearly as happy as I would be up north.

2. More than likely, I wouldn't be teaching.

3. It would be harder to get my state teaching certificate.


So that's where I stand right now. It's strange how things worked out. I didn't get the job at the school, I didn't get into that play, my brother was going to move in with my friend and I, but he has another good option that suits him better. Also, a man from my church in Maine told me something I was reminded of today. He told me he felt that I was making the right move coming down here, but that I would be back there. Apparently he speaks a lot of truth in the area of prophecy and stuff, as it pertains to these situations. Are all these pointing me back up north? I'm not exactly sure how to proceed from here. Any advice?

4 comments:

matthew said...

Reading your post, it seems like option 1 wins 1st place

Anonymous said...

For what reason?

matthew said...

b/c it seemed that way silly :)

Tammy Craig said...

Lol...if you say so...