Saturday, July 12, 2008

My Letter of Update, Reposted

Friends,
Well, after much calling and frustration and promised phonecalls that were never returned from a party that is not me, I finally got an answer from the Christian school down here the other day. They filled the position with someone that is not me. So oh well on that one, I guess. I'm still in Florida, still without a job (even for the summer!), and I hate unemployment. You know, you hear about these people that just sit on their couches, living off the government for no other reason than that they just don't want to get up. I don't know how they do it! I'm going insane! And that's been the gist of my summer so far. There's been some high points, for sure. I've got to see my mom, John and I have had some good laughs, Ricky's practically living here, which is awesome, I've got to go to and be a part of my old church again. It all comes with a price, though. I'm not overly happy. I miss the north, I miss the people, I miss the mountains, I miss only having to worry about one or two stoplights. Although I must say, yellow lights down here last FOREVER! Seriously! The beginning of this may sound a bit depressing, but that's what I've been dealing with lately.
HOWEVER...there is a light at the end of the tunnel. A school in Salem, New Hampshire is very interested in me for a sixth grade position next year! It's something I'm seriously considering, and things down here seem to be working themselves out in a way that is releasing me to go, but there's a lot of factors involved that I have no idea how they will work out. Thankfully, I know a Person who already has the worked out for me, if this is what I'm meant to do. I won't know anything until the end of the month, because the principal at Salem Christian School is out of the office until then. So the prayers are really needed on this one. I need to know almost for sure that I'm supposed to be there before I make a big trip like that again.
Speaking of big trips, Kentucky is coming up soon! Yay! As most of you know, the team from Bridgton Alliance Church will be heading back down to Kentucky next month, Aug. 9-17th. We will be working in the hills of Jenkins. There will technically be two separate teams going down from the church, a work team and a performance team. This is shaping up to be another awesome time of ministry and growth. Incredible things happened down there last year, and we're expecting God is going to lead us in the same way again this year. Most importantly, prayer is essential in this. We wouldn't get anywhere without it. At the same time, money is also essential. Now, this is probably going to come off as a lame and shoddy way of trying to raise some support but, honestly, I can't afford stamps right now for letters, so this is the only way I have available right now. The most important thing I can ask of you in regards to the trip is for prayers for the teams and for the people down there, that God will begin working on all the hearts involved in the trip and prepare us and them for what He has in store. If you feel, though, that you would like to help me financially on this trip, I would be eternally grateful. I would love to be able to raise between $500-550 to cover for the cost of the week in Kentucky ($269), and the gas and such to get there and back. Any help, no matter what the number, would be extremely beneficial right now. Support can be sent to my name at 6013 Birch Drive, Fort Pierce, Florida 34982. Thank you so much to those that are able to give. But like I said before, more importantly that anything is the prayer, and everyone can give that.
So that's my life in a nutshell right now. I would love to hear how all your summers are going. As soon as I know something about a school, or Salem Christian, I'll be sure to pass it on. I love you all, and pray God's awesome blessings will work their way towards you. Take care, and hope to hear from you all soon! Blessings!
-Tammy <><

No comments: