Monday, August 24, 2009

Two Works In Progress

Two songs with which I'm kinda fiddling. Any thoughts?

Untitled

I had my hope, I had my dreams
But life isn't always what it seems
Sometimes I wonder what it's all about

The things I get, not always what I want
Things don't always go the way I thought
But I know there has to be a reason

Chorus
No acorn falls to the earth in vain
From it the mighty oak grows
And oh, the waters of the world are replinished
As hard the darkest storm blows
From pain comes life, a baby's first cry

-------------------------------------------------

No Better Place

Bowing low against the howling wind
The storms of life, they blow
Heavy the load I bear
No peace to be found here

Desperately I searched in vain
For a shelter from the storm
Crying to be free
That's where You found me

Chorus
No better place
There is no better place
Then in the arms of my loving Savior
All my worries, all my fears
In His presence they disppear
And from them He returns
My strength, peace, and joy
With all my days, in all my ways
Always will I say
There is no better place


The sun it slices through the clouds
The storm now a distant memory
Walking tall I move on
My burden now gone

The path ahead it beckons to my feet
To run and dance upon its turf
At the end I see You
All I know to be true

Chorus

Bridge

The storms I know they will return
Bearing upon me to weigh me down
But I know what I need
And they shall not succeed

And I call You
And I run to You
Into Your arms for I know

Chorus

With all my days, in all my ways
Always I will say
There is no better place

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you write these?

From some of my songwriting classes & analysis class, I think they are good.

You have great internal rhyme and metaphors happening. the big idea is there as well.

Tammy Craig said...

Yes, I wrote them. :) I'll have to take your word for it as far as the analysis. I've never taken a class on songwriting, lol. I'm still tweaking them, especially the first one, which is far from complete. I just wanted to see if anyone thought they were worth the effort, lol! The sad thing is, I can write fine, but I can't sing or play a guitar or piano or anything, so I really can't do the music. :(

Anonymous said...

I am not a very good songwriter, but I am learning heaps. Hillsong is such a songwriting environment so there is a lot of teaching etc...

All the great song writers at Hillsong say it's best to work in a songwriting group. You should get together with a musician and finish it off! Some musicians are poor lyric writers.