Friday, August 21, 2009

Here We Are, Lord! Send Us Today!

"Whom shall I send? And who will go for Us?"
Cries the Lord of Heaven and Earth
Echoing over the world as a crashing wave
Awaiting an answer from a trembling turf

A turf full of His children whom, in their youth,
Begged to be sent out in might
Hear now the call in their comfortable lives, and
Run off to hide their wills in fright

Why ask to be sent if you wish not to go?
As if ministry is just a whim or vice
Do you forget that your lives are not really your own
But subject to Him who paid the ultimate price?

Dear friends, do not think I write this as if it only
Applies to you and never to me
Because I am just as guilty as any who trod this dirt
Of forgetting who I was created to be

But right now I stand and I renounce my claim
Laying aside my will for all to see
So that, unhindered, I can rent the veil of Satan's night
With my cry, "Here I am, Lord! Send me!"

My friends, will you join me in this call of the Lord's
No longer content to sit idle in life
Fully knowing the way is not as easy as what you're leaving
But eternally worth the joy and the strife?

May it be that as the Lord cries His call for service
Echoing over this world as a crashing wave
He will not wait long for the trembling turf to answer
"Here we are, Lord! Send us today!"

-Tammy Craig <>< 8/15/09

No comments: