Thursday, September 4, 2008

Florida's New Hymn - Pray to the Lord and Pass the Plywood!

So it's creeping ever closer, gathering strength as it nears. Ike. Hurricane Ike. The big one. The "very dangerous Cape Verdes Hurricane"! And wouldn't you know; the year I move back to Florida, and they have the biggest storm of the year mostly pointing RIGHT AT US! Sigh...my lesson plans are so blown for next week.

I know some of you had been wondering if I had plans to evacuate. So here are my thoughts on it. If Ike looms as a Cat 3 or lower, I'm pretty sure I'm staying put. Cat 4 or 5, not much is going to stand up to that, so I have to look at the possibility of evacuating. It's just figuring out where to go that's the problem. Even moving inland, like to family in Deland, may not be of much help, if Ike is going to plow up the middle of the state. If evacuation is in order, then the only logical thing is to go out of state. I just don't know where.......

I'll keep you guys up to date, of course. As long as the cell phones are still going, I'll still be going, lol. But prayers would certainly be appreciated. If you're keeping up on the news, I live in Port St. Lucie, in St. Lucie County. If you saw any coverage on Fay, you would have seen my city up there. We were some of the worst hit with Fay. A lot of Fay-damaged houses have not been dealt with yet. However, if Ike gets his way, we may not have to worry about them for too much longer...Oh, the sense of humor had by mother nature! We'll just have to keep an eye out. More to come as I know of it, lol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you know its a big storm if it makes the Sydney Morning Herald in Australia.

We are praying for your safety as well as safety for everyone in general.

Keep us updated.