Sunday, October 12, 2008

Forgive My Absence

Not that anyone noticed, anyways, lol. But it has been quite a few days since I've been on a computer, other than my phone, which is awkward to try to type a post on. So, yeah, my laptop is declaring mutiny on me. I woke up on...um...Tuesday morning, maybe?...to a black screen. I fiddled around with it and noticed that I could somewhat see what was on the desktop if I turned it just right in the light. I explained and showed this to our computer guy at school, and he feels that either the bulb that illuminates the screen has blown, or something called an inverter (yes, I know, my computer knowledge is astounding, isn't it?) went. So now, I have a computer that works great, unless you want to actually see what's happening on the screen. Sigh. So how am I writing this, you ask? By having a booklight shining over the screen at just the right angle that if I lean over the right way, I can somewhat see the screen enough to know what I'm writing. Sounds like fun, eh? Lol...but the good news is, I'll be getting a new laptop soon, and hopefully before my eyesight is beyond repair!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kudos for your dedication to blogging amongst certain difficulties.

I enjoy your posts.

Tammy Craig said...

Thanks, Heather! I have to say, the setup right now only really sucks at times like now, when I have an awful headache, and have to squint to see the screen! But it'll all be a bad dream soon...

Thanks for the encouragement. :)